Open discussion
 Classes for contests?
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

fprintf

9 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2004 :  12:30:17 PM  Show Profile
I am building a new 115" MMGlidertech marauder. I am a relatively new flier (2 seasons) and brand new to contesting. I understand anything over 100" is considered an unlimited class airplane.

What penalties, scoring methodology etc. is available to help me decide whether I should compete, as a newbie, with my 2Meter foamie vs. my new built up glider. Will I be at a disadvantage in an unlimited class (where I assume the experts and the moldies fly) or do you guys simply divide everything into Expert and Sportsman?

I hope my question makes sense here. Thanks!

F3jeb

103 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2004 :  4:21:09 PM  Show Profile
Everything is divided into Sportsman and Expert, occasionally there might be an RES contest in addition to unlimited main event... either way you are better of with the bigger wing span ship.

Jose
Go to Top of Page

cluft

14 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2004 :  12:12:30 AM  Show Profile
You should compete with the plane that you feel you have the best chance with. I would take both planes to the contest and make the decision just befor the pilots meeting.

Carl

quote:
Originally posted by fprintf

I am building a new 115" MMGlidertech marauder. I am a relatively new flier (2 seasons) and brand new to contesting. I understand anything over 100" is considered an unlimited class airplane.

What penalties, scoring methodology etc. is available to help me decide whether I should compete, as a newbie, with my 2Meter foamie vs. my new built up glider. Will I be at a disadvantage in an unlimited class (where I assume the experts and the moldies fly) or do you guys simply divide everything into Expert and Sportsman?

I hope my question makes sense here. Thanks!

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Eastern Soaring Talk © 2008-12 Eastern Soaring League Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000