End of season 2010 HL contest
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Dlhagent

2 Posts

Posted - 07/23/2010 :  12:21:06 PM  Show Profile
Hello HLG world

I am announcing the Eastern Soaring League End of Season Contest, The contest is scheduled for October 16 and 17 in Hagerstown Maryland; the location is the same as last year, The Pegasus Flying field. www.Pegasusrc.com
You will recall last years contest had to be cancelled because of torrential rain on both Saturday and Sunday.

John Jenks has again agreed to CD the contest. The ESL will help John in all aspects of running his contest. Today I have received word from John; the AMA sanction has been applied for and I will post the sanction number as soon as it is available.

The ESL web site is now ready to accept registrations please sign up to a avoid frequency conflicts. www.flyesl.org/contest_regist...ail.asp?cid=30" target="_blank">http://www.flyesl.org/contest_regist...ail.asp?cid=30

Keep in mind everyone, this is the ESL HLG final contest of the season and is your last chance in 2010 to better your league standings. ESL season trophies will be presented at the end of the contest on Sunday. We will be flying at least three flight groups with categories for Expert, Sportsman and Novice. Don’t forget, because this is an ESL contest a Novice can fly free for his or her first 6 contest days. Come give it a try people, I know you will find it both a fun and learning experience

I will post local hotel locations near the field in the near future so check back soon. The Pegasus field is located on a country road but near nice accommodations and locations to eat.

The Pegasus club regularly has a local chief cater at the field. Our Chief has agreed to serve breakfast sandwiches both days as well as Steak, Chicken and Shrimp kabobs on Saturday the 17th. The cost for food is very reasonable and trust me, its good

lastly, we are having an ESL fund raising raffle at the field. We will begin asking for sponsorships immediately so if anyone has suggestions or is willing to be a sponsor please get in touch with me right away.

Doug.cvi@myactv.net

Fair winds to you all,

Doug Harnish
Eastern Soaring League
HLG Director.

aeajr

477 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2010 :  11:20:37 PM  Show Profile
I will be there!

Best regards,
Ed Anderson
Long Island Silent Flyers
Go to Top of Page

JimC

15 Posts

Posted - 08/23/2010 :  12:54:15 PM  Show Profile
Hey Doug, talk to me about sponsorship when you get a chance.

I will be there of course. No NorEasters this year, ok?
Go to Top of Page

aeajr

477 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2010 :  08:05:18 AM  Show Profile
I need some suggestions for motels. Cheap is what I like but I don't want anything moving in the room but me.

If you can come up with a list of places, post it here:
http://forums.flyesl.com/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=17

Best regards,
Ed Anderson

Edited by - aeajr on 08/25/2010 08:06:20 AM
Go to Top of Page

JimC

15 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2010 :  10:46:01 AM  Show Profile
Ed,

We used the Best Western in Hagerstown for an IMAC event last year. They gave us a good group rate and everyone that stayed there was happy with the place. It is only minutes from the field.

Doug, do you want Jennifer's contact information to see if she can do the same thing for this event?
Go to Top of Page

aeajr

477 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2010 :  5:48:06 PM  Show Profile
Sounds good. Let's get a group rate and get the rooms booked.

PARTY!

Best regards,
Ed Anderson

Edited by - aeajr on 08/25/2010 9:33:35 PM
Go to Top of Page

aeajr

477 Posts

Posted - 08/30/2010 :  4:22:19 PM  Show Profile
Doug posted this on ESL Talk. I used it to book a room with no problems.

Sent: Monday, August 30, 2010 2:13 PM
To: 'ESL Talk'
Subject: [talk] Room rates for the HL EOS Contest

ESL HL pilots,

The End of season contest will be here before you know it, there's plenty of space at the field for camping but only electric and no running water. We will reserve the north end of the parking area for anyone wishing to camp. (The end near the Porta pot)

I have been in touch with the Best Western in Hagerstown. The hotel is about 4 miles from the Pegasus field and has good feedback from other out of town pilots. The ESL room rate is $61.99 + tax per night. Just tell them your with the Pegasus flying club and tell them its $61.99 per night. The address and phone is: 431 Dual Highway
Hagerstown, MD 21740-2601
(301) 733-0830.

Let me know if there are any other questions or problems.

Doug Harnish,
ESL HL Director

Best regards,
Ed Anderson
Go to Top of Page

JimC

15 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2010 :  2:26:56 PM  Show Profile
Looks like we may have some added fun with club level team competition at the event. So put a crew together and come represent!
Go to Top of Page

aeajr

477 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2010 :  12:46:58 PM  Show Profile
The club vs. club challenge is being discussed here:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1278456&page=3

Note that this is not an ESL thing, does not have anything to do with ESL scores or standings. But it sounds like it should be fun.

Best regards,
Ed Anderson
Go to Top of Page

aeajr

477 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2010 :  12:23:25 PM  Show Profile
The EOS is up to 18 pilots but I would love to see it get to 24 so you could have three flight groups of 8 That would be great!

Best regards,
Ed Anderson
Go to Top of Page

aeajr

477 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2010 :  6:26:45 PM  Show Profile
We are up to 22 pilots registered.

I am looking forward to a great time and handing out the end of season trophies.

Best regards,
Ed Anderson

Edited by - aeajr on 10/13/2010 12:51:17 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Eastern Soaring Talk © 2008-12 Eastern Soaring League Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000